Archive for May 2011
I was cleaning out an old filing cabinet the other day as part of a massive de-cluttering project in my office. I found many nostalgic items like sweet, handmade cards from my son, old report cards, and photos with funny haircuts. I had also kept materials from many self-development programs I had taken over the years, and a whole file folder of random pieces of paper labeled ‘Inspirations.’ I enjoyed going through this material as a window to who I was in the past compared to who I am today. The list below, dated 1995, stood out. Reading it through, I was struck by the significant increase in my “symptoms“ at this point in my life, and, though not a perfect score, I couldn’t help but smile and pat myself on the back with “Nice work, Cecily!”
Enjoy the list, and may your symptoms be many!
Symptoms of Inner Peace by Jeff Rockwell
- A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than from fears based on past experiences.
- An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
- A loss of interest in judging self or others.
- A loss of interest in conflict.
- A loss of interest interpreting the actions of others.
- A loss of the ability to worry (a serious symptom).
- Frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
- Contented feelings of connectedness with others and with nature.
- Frequent attacks of smiling through the eyes and heart.
- Increasing susceptibility to love being extended by others… as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend love to others.
Jeff warns: If you have all or even most of the above symptoms, please be advised that your condition of INNER PEACE may be so far advanced as to not be treatable.
With Peace and Blessings,